As part of showcasing the special qualities of the Park the Friends publish guides and DVDs and they are available from the online shop or from the Friends office and a number of local outlets in and around the Park. We are also pursuing several initiatives to open up or enhance views throughout the Park. Recent and current projects include:
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs DVD - A stunning 48 minute film featuring the landscapes, wildlife and history of the National Park is now available. Main sponsor Optical Express. Also supported by the National Park Authority.
- New Website – Featuring more in depth sections on different aspects of the Park including history, nature, and enjoying the Park. Sponsors - Optical Express, Heritage Lottery Fund, the National Park Authority and the Hannah Stirling Loch Lomond Charitable Fund.
- Clans of the Park – Upgrading and expanding series of existing DVDs on Loch Lomond clans and production of a new Park Clans DVD in advance of the Year of Homecoming in 2014. Under review.
- Park Gateway Improvement – A scheme to enhance the Stoneymollan roundabout on the A82 at the main southern entrance to the Park. Sponsors – Transport Scotland, the National Park Authority and the Friends.
- Loch Lomond ‘Tree Tunnel’ – The Friends are continuing to campaign for better management of the treescape on Loch Lomondside between the A82 and the loch as some of the best views are completely hidden from sight due to lack of effective annual maintenance. Enjoyment of the Loch Lomond Cycleway is also impaired.
- Scenic Pull Ins – In an effort to encourage more visitors to linger longer in the park and to enjoy its special qualities the Friends are actively lobbying for improvements to some existing pull ins alongside trunk roads running through the park and the creation of some new and safer ones as part of A82 and A84/85 road improvement schemes.