During the pilot phase of the ‘OUR Park’ project and through the generous donations of our business fundraisers, we helped fund vital conservation work for 2 projects: The Cowal Red Squirrel Group and Loch Lomond Fisheries Trust. Now that the project has been rolled out park-wide, we have been able to short-list further projects that will be the beneficiaries of funds raised from the scheme. Here are some examples:
Red Squirrel Project
- camera to monitor red and grey squirrel populations
Three Lochs Way
- upgrading signage, information and interpretation
- replacing a key bridge in Glen Culannach
- Footpath link from Bracklinn Bridge to Scout Pool
- Interpretation panels
Rob Roy Way
- Design new way marking signs that can be located on existing posts, gates, lamp posts and information panels.
- New leaflet ( with new logo) for accommodation providers and of use to visitors and walkers
Ardroy Outdoor Centre
- Securing the future of this important outdoor education centre for 2000-3000 young children to enjoy outdoor experiences and skills training in the National Park. A leader in delivering sustainable agenda linked to programmes and management of large community woodland.